Thought of the day: Life is a prison, death shall be my release
- General: As part of his deal with Inquisitor Ragnar Kjeldsen, Vladorf Kyro has agreed to lead a Deathwatch Kill-Team to a vault of Xenos technology on the hive world Argoth. This vault and all heretical technology should be destroyed. One exception is a Xenos artifact which Kyro claims can exorcize Chaos Daemons in normal space. This artifact is to be returned for study.
- Joint Operations Area/Higher Command: Lord Commander Ebongrave has quarantined the world Argoth, and has declined Deathwatch’s request for access. Inquisitorial mandate grants the Kill-team access, however expect any Imperial forces in the region to be hostile.
- Area of Interest: Xenos technology vault.
- Area of Operations: Hive Korianthus, Argoth, Canis Salient Quarantine Zone.
- Enemy Forces
- There are 61 billion inhabitants on Argoth, who have chosen to ally themselves with Tau. General Order 169 restricts all traffic from Argoth, trapping the inhabitants planetside. Local forces are considered hostile and tainted by Xenos. Planetary forces have access to Imperial Guard armaments and Tau technology.
- Enforcing the blockade of the quarantined worlds is Battlegroup Atlas. The Battlegroup patrols the quarantined region at irregular intervals searching for vessels in violation of the quarantine in addition to monitoring the progress of the quarantine. Battlegroup vessels include Battleships, Cruisers, and Escort ships. Due to superior firepower, it is recommended to retreat if confronted and return later.
- Friendly Forces: The Rogue Trader vessel Guilded Raptor will provide transportation to and from Argoth.
- Attachments and Detachments: The Canis Crusade has not given approval for this mission, so no nearby Imperial Forces will be available for aid.
- Assumptions: Vladorf Kyro has been granted a non-hereditary Warrant of Trade for his valuable intelligence on Xenos and heretic activities in Jericho Reach. This mission is in part to determine the validity of certain claims by the newly appointed Rogue Trader.
- Considerations: The Xenos technology may pose a threat to the quarantine efforts and the crusade in general.
Locate the Xenos technology vault and recover the artifact capable of exorcizing daemons. Destroy the vault to prevent it falling into local forces’ hands.
- Commander’s Intent: It has been noted that no Chaos activity has ever been documented on Argoth. Any technology capable of preventing or exorcizing Daemons is worth a second look.
- Concept of Operations: Rogue trader Vladorf Kyro will provide transportation to and from Argoth. Kyro will provide guidance to the Vault and assist with identifying the artifact
- Tasks: Secondary objectives: Report on the local resistance and quarantine efforts.
- Reserve: Not applicable.
Administration and Logistics
- Deathwatch Jericho Reach Kill-team EN-54 (Omega Dawn)
- Watch Commander Alexios Dranias
- Rogue Trader vessel Guilded Raptor will provide transportation.
Command and Signal
- Command Relationships: Rogue Trader Kyro has recently been granted a Warrant of Trade and therefore should be very helpful on the mission. Any issues with Kyro are to be reported.
- Command Posts and Headquarters: Forward command post will be aboard Thunder’s Word. Headquarters is Watch Fortress Erioch.
- Succession of Command: Should squad leader be incapacitated, leadership should pass to most senior team member (determined first by service to Deathwatch, then service to Adeptus Astartes.
- Use channel RT-101.7 to contact Guilded Raptor.